Experienced Head Chef Jobs | Offered
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to be involved with an exciting new 100+ cover restaurant / 250 capacity bar in Hackney, that will be open 7 days a week. Based on the ground floor of a prominent creative building in London Fields which is home to numerous music and arts companies and studies, the restaurant will accompany a large basement events space to create a new hub for this vibrant area.
We are looking for someone with a strong vision, who is passionate about their own concept of food and keen to make their mark. The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, will be motivated, efficient, and will play an integral part in creating and developing a menu ranging through breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
• Experience as a senior chef in a high volume restaurant with a proven ability to produce food at a consistently high standard
• Confident in costing menus and stock controlling, focusing on maximising GPs, understanding of all kitchen budgets. Good knowledge of all Health and Safety requirements
• Confident in recruiting, managing and motivating a back-of-house team
• Strong communication skills with a good level of English
• Ability to work flexible hours - early starts, late finishes and weekends will be required
Roxie Powell email@example.com
Festival Chef for East London Street Food Traders SMOKESTAKJobs
Looking for a quirky chef to join our team for the summer with opportunity for more work post the season. Great festivals, great team, and a great opportunity for someone who isn't afraid of a bit of hard work/ banter and loves the festival energy! WE NEED LADS THAT HOLD A UK DRIVERS LICENSE. If you are particularly on form, then we will let this slide so go on and apply anyway.
We have various bases over London so if travelling your bag then please not let that stop you applying! We are looking for a combination of talents to pull together so whether you have a great palette or just work well under pressure and pace, please do get in contact.
MANAGER FOR MOBILE COCKTAIL BARJobs | Offered
I am looking for a experienced manager for my mobile cocktail bar. The bar is set up in a converted 1971 Ambulance. The job will involve marketing and booking the ambulance into events through 2014 including festivals, food and drink events, pop ups and private hire. This role will work on a profit share basis. The right person will need bar experience, ideally with cocktail knowledge (knowing about mezcal even better!!) ideally they will have worked at these types of events before. A full driving license and work permit are essential. Please note as this is a profit share role the hours worked and events booked will directly affect the amount earned, but the role has the potential to become a full time business partnership for the right person
Please apply with a letter stating relevant experience, a CV and references
Full Time Street Food / Take-Away Site ManagerJobs | Offered
Camden Town, London. Contract type Permanent
FRENCH & GRACE LTD are looking for a dynamic and energetic Manager to oversee operations at our take away hatch in Camden Lock Market and to take our popular street food stall to various London and UK events and festivals.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an energetic, bright individual with a passion for food, coffee and management. A unique, varied and rewarding role within a friendly independent food business with exciting prospects. We are looking for flexible people who are able to adapt and grow with us in the future.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
* Relevant experience in the catering industry
* Ideally barista trained - further training provided by gourmet coffee roastery VOLCANO COFFEE WORKS
* Experience in Deli/Cafe operations and/or Outside Catering
* Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and experience of managing safe working practices
* Full UK Driving Licence and confident driving vans
* Excellent interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
* Fluent English
* Weekend Availability
Your primary responsibilities will be:
* Day to day running of takeaway hatch in Camden Lock
* Point of contact for customers and representative of the company
* Filling out event application forms
* Ensuring all health & safety documents and staff manuals are up to date
* Booking and collecting hire vehicles
* Placing food orders
* Training and briefing members of staff
* Reporting to directors
* Managing social media accounts and introducing promos
Pay subject to experience - to be discussed at interview stage. Bonus scheme available.
This is a fun, sociable and varied job that will take you to some great events with a wonderful team. It is best suited to someone strong and hardy who doesn't mind being in the great outdoors being physically challenged! This would be the perfect job for someone with a passion for food looking for an exciting challenge and opportunity to carve a career within a successful young company.
Please apply via email with a covering letter, CV and at least 2 references with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Festival work Jobs | Wanted
I am an 28 year old event manager from Germany - looking for a job at a food trader this summer, to travel GB festivals! I am a very friendly and open minded person and do have experience in catering (worked at different coffee stores, bars, restaurants).
If you are looking for some one please email me at lisa.moser (at) live.de
Add your free blog to Foodhawkers. View our blog site >>
If you want Foodhawkers to list your food blog please email email@example.com
and send in your RSS feed.